Off-Road Training – LANTRA 2 day professional user
Our LANTRA Off Road 4×4 driving professional users course is designed for all drivers who need to use their vehicles in off road situations at work.
Cost: From £270-£1000/candidate, depending on number of candidates and venue.
Duration: 2 days
Venue: One of our LANTRA approved 4×4 sites:
- Cumbria (10 minutes from the M6)
- Ayrshire (30 minutes from Glasgow Airport)
- Wales (40 minutes from Cardiff)
- Devon (45 minutes from M5, Exeter and Launceston)
- Gloucestershire (35 minutes from Gloucester and Swindon)
- We also have several other venues available across the whole of the UK.
Certification: LANTRA certification as a professional 4×4 off road driver.
This course is designed for all drivers who are expected to use their 4×4 vehicle off road, and is ideal for any delegate who has not previously had professional training in 4×4 use and risk assessment.
All training is restricted to a training ratio of 1 trainer to no more than 3 trainees.
The course covers:
- The vehicle – it’s capabilities and limitations
- The environment – reading terrain and safe techniques for all off road situations
- Off road technology – differential locks, ABS, Descent controls and Traction Control
- Common additions to off-road vehicles
- Hill Ascents
- Hill Descents
- Failed Ascents
- Skid avoidance and handling
- Regaining traction
- Cross Axle situations
- Common off-road hazards
- Safeguarding the environment
- Health & Safety legislation for off-road drivers (PUWER & HSAW)
- Controlling and ensuring a safe working environment while off road
If your drivers have previously undertaken off-road training they may be eligible for the LANTRA 1 Day Course.
All training is run by the DSA ADI and Lantra-Awards Approved Instructors from Beyond 4×4.
If you want to know anything else about off-road driving at work, feel free to email us: