C1 Medium Goods Vehicle Training
Many companies and organisations rely on drivers of smaller LGVs (up to 7.5 tonnes) in the C1 category to deliver and access busy areas safely and effectively. Our driver assessment and training programmes provide employers and individuals with simple assessments and courses designed to reduce fuel consumption and occupational road risk.
For drivers who are required to take the DVSA category C1 driving test, we are able to provide this in many of our areas across the UK, along with the required CPC elements.
LGV C1 Driver Training Courses
- Accredited training, run from the workplace
- Half-day/full-day training
- From £250/candidate (minimum 2 candidates/day)
- Defensive Eco-Driving courses are proven to reduce fuel consumption by up to 15% and reduce occupational road risk, and as part of a driver development policy can reduce incidents by up to 30%
- RoSPA accredited Advanced On-Road Driving Assessment and Development (LGV) certificate
Many paramedics and NHS staff and contractors are required to undertake the category C1 driving test prior to ambulance driver training. All of our trainers can train to the Roadcraft system of car control (the standard practice for all blue light drivers) and many are qualified to provide blue light awareness and training courses, ensuring that your drivers will have the best start to their training possible.
For private individuals looking for C1 training in order to drive larger horseboxes or motorhomes, we provide outstanding training in our vehicles, from dedicated DVSA test centres, with an excellent pass rate and competetive prices.
We also provide C1+E training within our LGV training department, allowing drivers to tow up to 4.5 tonnes as part of an overall train weight of up to 12,000kg, which is an option for many plant and construction contractors, as well as delivery drivers to city centre stores.