Quad Bike Training
Professional training for quad bike riders and ATV drivers is essential. Through our network of professional 4×4 trainers, we provide fully PUWER compliant RoSPA accredited courses for Sit-Astride All Terrain Vehicle (or All Terrain Cycle - ATC) users.
RoSPA accredited Professional ATV Operator (Sit-Astride):
We have the experience and the specialist instructors who will ensure that your operators get the most from their ATV training. These machines are used in a variety of situations, from hard terrain on the sides of mountains, to gritting and snow-ploughing car parks around hospitals, shopping centres and universities. We have devised and delivered courses for businesses, industrial contractors, local and national governments, the military, the NHS and multi-national businesses and organisations.
Courses are designed for professional riders to be able to safely and confidently use these versatile vehicles. The RoSPA certificated training is intended to enable candidates to:
- comply with legal requirements with an emphasis on safe practice
- identify the risks associated with using a sit-astride ATV
- select and use appropriate P.P.E.
- understand the main causes of accidents
- identify and understand the function of the controls and components
- carry out daily and pre-start checks as indicated in the Operator’s Manual
- identify and operate 2wd and 4×4 systems
- identify and report any faults
- start up and drive over a variety of terrain and ground conditions
- carry out a ‘Failed Hill’ climb (full course only)
- risk assess and plan safe routes
- operate the Sit-astride ATV safely on a variety of slopes and terrain (full course only)
- identify loading/towing capacities
- drive with loads and trailed equipment (full course)
- unload, load and secure for transport (on trailer/lorry) on the road (if appropriate)
- understand legal and practical requirements for travelling on the public road
identify track profile and weight transfer
- ATV venue: Courses can be undertaken at your workplace or at one of our venues across the UK.
- Cost: Course prices will vary from between £200-£500/candidate depending upon number of candidates, venue and hire of equipment.
- Duration: 1 day.
- Minimum 2 candidates, maximum 3 candidates/instructor
For more information on our Sit-astride ATV courses, please contact us.